SubjectPROBLEM: Kernel Panic Promise driver
1. Kernel Panic with Supertrak SX6000 when Promise PDC20268-77 driver
loads

2. With PROMISE PDC202{68|69|70|71|75|76|77} support from IDE, ATA and
ATAPI Block devices is compiled in the kernel and a Promise Supertrak
SX6000 present in the system a Kernel Panic will happen. The panic happens
while the kernel is booting and immediately after the Promise PDC driver
mentioned above loads. The Supertrak is running in I2O mode.

3. keywords PROMISE SUPERTRAK PDC202

4. Kernel Version 2.4.21-rc7

No current OS installed as this was from a boot disk to install.
This is in a Tyan S2462 THunder K7 board, with dual Athlon 1.2Mhz MPs and
1GB of memory. I have removed the Promise PDC support and added i2o and
the kernel boots fine. Expected behavior would be to use or have this
promise support in kernel and not to have it panic the kernel by trying to
initialize the SX6000 with the software raid drivers. This is a rare
(expensive) peice of hardware so you can contact me for testing if need be.

--

Donovan Sydow
Information Systems Lead

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft promotional ad.
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" (One People, One Kingdom, One Leader)
- Adolph Hitler.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.044 / U:1.684 seconds]