    SubjectRe: The disappearing sys_call_table export.
    On Thursday 08 May 2003 10:22, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > Fix the vulnerability. Then there won't be a virus.
    > But you don't know if its fixed and if there are any more holes without
    > being able to detect attackers be they electronic or human.

    Detecting attackers is a different situation. An attack that is already fixed
    is not a serious problem other than bandwidth. Virus scanners can't do that
    anyway - they can only detect what has already been detected... and which
    should have been fixed by the time the signature could have been put out,
    anyway. Detection should be part of an intrusion facility (isn't LIDS supposed
    to do that?)

    Second, I want to setup SELinux to sandbox various facilities anyway (delayed
    due to job change). That should isolate any unknown attack to just one
    service, and protect the overall system.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.018 / U:12.416 seconds]