    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver
    From
    Wow , great! thx a lot for that. ;)
    So the major thing to fix now on macs is the sound part which is quite poor for now...at least on my old iMac DV...the
    problem is that i don't even know which audio chipset it uses! Gotta start searching better for info...well let's hope
    Apple gives info about this :)

    On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 05:06:59PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
    > work was made possible by Ardis Technologies (www.ardistech.com). It's
    > based on the driver by Brad Boyer (http://sf.net/projects/linux-hfsplus).
    >
    > The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
    > improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
    > of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
    > I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
    > via <file>/rsrc.
    >
    > This is a beta release. I tested this a lot, so I consider it quite safe
    > to use, but I can't give any guarantees at this time of course. There is
    > also still a bit to do (e.g. the block allocator needs a bit more work).
    >
    > The driver can be downloaded from http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/ .
    > The README describes how to build the driver.
    >
    > If something should go wrong, I also have patch for Apple's diskdev_cmds
    > (available from http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.2.5/),
    > which ports newfs_hfs and fsck_hfs to Linux and fixes the endian problems.
    > The patch is at http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/diskdev_cmds.diff.gz .
    > After applying the patch the tools can be built with 'make -f
    > Makefile.lnx'.
    >
    > bye, Roman
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.021 / U:208.424 seconds]