SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 05:06:59PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
> work was made possible by Ardis Technologies ( It's
> based on the driver by Brad Boyer (

I was starting to think noone was ever going to help out. :)

If you don't mind, I'll start merging your changes into the CVS tree
on SourceForge. I assume this is all GPL code, since you started from
my original patches... I'll wait to hear back from you before merging
it in, since it's a pretty big change.

> The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
> improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
> of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
> I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
> via <file>/rsrc.

These were features I was trying to put off until someone else was
a little more active, I have to admit. I've been working on the code
in between other projects, but I'm a terrible release engineer and
other stuff got more interesting. It's good to see that someone else
cares about it.

Brad Boyer