    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver
    On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 05:06:59PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
    > I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
    > work was made possible by Ardis Technologies ( It's
    > based on the driver by Brad Boyer (

    I was starting to think noone was ever going to help out. :)

    If you don't mind, I'll start merging your changes into the CVS tree
    on SourceForge. I assume this is all GPL code, since you started from
    my original patches... I'll wait to hear back from you before merging
    it in, since it's a pretty big change.

    > The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
    > improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
    > of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
    > I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
    > via <file>/rsrc.

    These were features I was trying to put off until someone else was
    a little more active, I have to admit. I've been working on the code
    in between other projects, but I'm a terrible release engineer and
    other stuff got more interesting. It's good to see that someone else
    cares about it.

    Brad Boyer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.022 / U:0.500 seconds]