    SubjectRe: tg3 - irq #: nobody cared!
    "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> wrote:

    > On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:03, john stultz wrote:
    > > Not sure if this is the proper fix, but it stops the kernel from
    > > complaining. I saw Andrew suggest something similar for a sound driver.
    >
    > Definitely not the right fix. If the hardware status struct
    > indicates no event is pending, then we return 0 since we
    > didn't "handle" the interrupt.

    This is about the fifth report of unhandled interrupts. Against the fifth
    driver which looks to be correct.

    So I'd be suspecting the scenario which Alan outlined: the IRQ handler looped
    around, scooped up the interrupt source before the APIC delivered the IRQ.

    I'm working on the actual detection code - it tries to filter out the false
    positives.

    Suggest we ignore these reports until that is sorted out.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:155.224 seconds]