    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.21-rc1
    On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:30:17PM +0100, Athanasius wrote:
    > On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:17:43PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > > I dont think this is a fix, it's a work-around. It shouldn't be
    > > documnented, it should be made to work. That might mean having the kbuild
    > > prevent inappropriate use, of course.
    >
    > Agreed, I more meant it needs documenting so that those people that
    > hit it can apply the workaround and otherwise test the kernels. I guess
    > for now those of us that know about it will just have to keep an eye out
    > for others reporting the problem then clue them in.

    It's probably better this way. If people don't know the work around, then
    it will probably be reported again. And the more it's reported with
    successive versions the more corner cases will be found and fixed.

    Documentation for work-arounds are meant for a proprietary world, and are
    counter productive for open source.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.019 / U:60.764 seconds]