    SubjectRe: [IDE] trying to make MO drive work with ide-floppy/ide-cd
    On Tue, May 06 2003, Pascal Schmidt wrote:
    > On Tue, 6 May 2003, Jens Axboe wrote:
    > > You can play with the c code, you've demonstrated that much so far. So
    > > play some more, find out which commands are aborted and why. The log
    > > messages even tell you which ones. Now find out if these are necessary
    > > for proper MO functionality or not. Or maybe some vital commands are
    > > even missing, lots of fun there :). But it really should not be very
    > > hard.
    > Ok, I got a little bit further with the patch below. I can mount to disk
    > read-write and do a few things:
    > $ mount -t ext2 /dev/hde /mnt/mo
    > $ echo "foo" > /mnt/mo/bar
    > $ cat /mnt/mo/bar
    > foo
    > $ sync
    > No problem so far. But then
    > $ umount /mnt/mo
    > gets me:
    > kernel BUG at fs/buffer.c:2607!

    Not good. Does it work correctly with 2kb block size? I would not be
    surprised if ide-cd had multi page bio bugs...

    > My patch:

    Not bad, see that wasn't so hard. Does it load ide-cd without errors
    with this one?

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.030 / U:2.124 seconds]