SubjectRe: The disappearing sys_call_table export.
temper, temper

pls read my reply to alan carefully .

Doing own malloc(), free(), m[un]map(), is a possibility we've
considered. Since we've got our own lib linked with the app, we probably
wouldn't even need LD_PRELOAD. our main issue is that not everything is
gcc/g77.

Of all the approaches the syscall traps was the least intrusive and most
portable of all, belive it or not.

BTW: this is all technical issues.

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 14:52, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> That only shows that you really don't want to use glibc's malloc and
> sbrk implementations, but ones that are implemented as mmap in your
> driver so you can keep track of it properly. LD_PRELOAD is your friend.

> Who cares about your trace module? That's the wrong approach to start
> with. And the removal of the sys_call_table export is not a political
> issue but a technical one. The interesting thing would be your memory
> manager, but given the above hints you really should be able to fix it yourself
> now..
Terje Eggestad mailto:terje.eggestad@scali.no
Scali Scalable Linux Systems http://www.scali.com

Olaf Helsets Vei 6 tel: +47 22 62 89 61 (OFFICE)
P.O.Box 150, Oppsal +47 975 31 574 (MOBILE)
N-0619 Oslo fax: +47 22 62 89 51
NORWAY