    SubjectRe: The disappearing sys_call_table export.
    On 5 May 2003, Terje Eggestad wrote:

    > Now that it seem that all are in agreement that the sys_call_table
    > symbol shall not be exported to modules, are there any work in progress

    No, I disagree.

    > to allow modules to get an event/notification whenever a specific
    > syscall is being called?

    I need this table to _call_ any of system calls that available to the
    process, nothing else. Sys_call_table can be placed in .rodata section
    (there was patch a few days ago) to prevent modification from modules.
    But why module should not have ability to call any function which is
    available from user space?

    Almost all of my third-party drivers are broken by this.
    What is worse, redhat "backported" this "feature" to their 2.4
    patched kernels and now I should distinguish 2.4 and "redhat 2.4"
    in my compatibility headers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.044 / U:52.976 seconds]