SubjectRe: The disappearing sys_call_table export.
On 5 May 2003, Terje Eggestad wrote:

> Now that it seem that all are in agreement that the sys_call_table
> symbol shall not be exported to modules, are there any work in progress

No, I disagree.

> to allow modules to get an event/notification whenever a specific
> syscall is being called?

I need this table to _call_ any of system calls that available to the
process, nothing else. Sys_call_table can be placed in .rodata section
(there was patch a few days ago) to prevent modification from modules.
But why module should not have ability to call any function which is
available from user space?

Almost all of my third-party drivers are broken by this.
What is worse, redhat "backported" this "feature" to their 2.4
patched kernels and now I should distinguish 2.4 and "redhat 2.4"
in my compatibility headers.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans