SubjectBuggy drivers/modules needed
I'm working on a Linux patch to prevent buggy modules/drivers from causing the kernel to crash. Instead, the kernel detects a crash in the driver, and transparently restarts the module. Currently this patch supports network interface card drivers, sound drivers, and file systems.

I've tested the patch by generating artifical bugs in drivers, but I want to see how well it works on real bugs.

What I would like is either:

a) sound card, network interface, or file system code with bugs that cause an oops. In particular, a pointer to what piece of code causes the oops would be helpful.

b) fragments of code from any kernel module that has caused an oops. I can splice this code into existing modules to see if it can be successfully isolated.

Thanks in advance

- Mike Swift

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.027 / U:0.460 seconds]