    SubjectRe: buffer_head.b_bsize type
    From
    On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 09:15  PM,
    viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Could we go the other way and make all users of b_size use unsigned?
    >
    > Who the hell cares? Size of buffer does not exceed the page size.
    > Unless you can show a platform with 2Gb pages...

    I would argue the same that the size of a buffer should never be able
    to be negative and the structure says this but the rest of the code
    does not. (Theoretically) if a negative size was asked for, then we'd
    actually try to allocate a large amount of memory for the buffer,
    possibly causing badness somewhere along the line.

    Any maybe we shouldn't make it too hard for archs with 2GB pages :)
    It'll probably happen in 20 years. :)