SubjectRe: buffer_head.b_bsize type
From
On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 09:15  PM,
viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk wrote:
>> Could we go the other way and make all users of b_size use unsigned?
>
> Who the hell cares? Size of buffer does not exceed the page size.
> Unless you can show a platform with 2Gb pages...

I would argue the same that the size of a buffer should never be able
to be negative and the structure says this but the rest of the code
does not. (Theoretically) if a negative size was asked for, then we'd
actually try to allocate a large amount of memory for the buffer,
possibly causing badness somewhere along the line.

Any maybe we shouldn't make it too hard for archs with 2GB pages :)
It'll probably happen in 20 years. :)