    SubjectRe: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

    On Tue, 27 May 2003, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > > It seems your "fix-pausing" patch is fixing a potential wakeup
    > > miss, right? (I looked quickly throught it). Could you explain me the
    >
    > yes, not just one but multiple of them, all similar. lots of boxes were
    > hanging in a weird manner until I found and fixed this glitch.
    >
    > > problem its trying to fix and how?
    >
    > I'm attaching the old email, it should have all the explanataions.
    >
    > but don't use that old patch (that was the first revision and it missed
    > one last race in wait_for_request noticed by Chris or Andrew [or
    > both?]), use this one instead (seems just the second revision, should be
    > that one plus that last race fix):
    >
    > http://www.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.4/2.4.21rc2aa1/9980_fix-pausing-2

    I wonder if the additional wakeups result in performance degradation (not
    that it matters much in case there is no other way to fix the problem).

    But anyway I would like to have some numbers with/without the patch.

    Do you have them ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.021 / U:151.760 seconds]