SubjectRe: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...
Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

>On Tue, 27 May 2003, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:47, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>>
>>Hi Marcelo,

>>>Do you also notice them?
>>>
>>I do, people I know do also, numbers of those people only _I_ know are about
>>~30. I've reported this problem over a year ago while 2.4.19-pre time.
>>

>Can you please try to reproduce it with -aa?

>>>Agreed.

Hello !

After several tests, I have noticed that I can produce this problem
easily when my bdflush settings are:

30 50 32 100 50 300 60 0 0

and it occurs very less frequently when my settings are:

2 50 32 100 50 300 1 0 0

Right now, I noticed the following stack trace for one such stuck process:

sys_read
generic_file_read
do_generic_file_read
page_cache_read
__alloc_pages
balance_classzone
try_to_free_pages
shrink_caches
shrink_cache
try_to_release_page
try_to_free_buffer
sync_page_buffers
wait_on_buffer
__wait_on_buffer
schedule

Thanks
-Manish

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.140 / U:0.268 seconds]