SubjectRe: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Oops in Kernel 2.4.21-rc1
On Tue, 27 May 2003 16:58:19 +0200
Werner.Beck@Lidl.de wrote:

> we just did an update from 2.4.10-SuSE because of some problems with the
> hardware (module for NIC and HDD). In this constellation we also had a
> kernel oops with the ISDN ("killing interrupt handler") which unfortunately
> didn't give us any hints in the logs.

Take my advice: Don't waste time with 7.3 based setup. Simply take a 8.2. It is
way better. Applications should not have problems with such an upgrade.

> The systems are a field test and running an application that's why it is a
> problem to access them. I think a cause has an effect. The ISDN was not
> active at that time but probably a job of the SuSE distri, but I can't
> imagine that this causes kernel problems.
> I will run a test in our lab and hope to get the error, then I can do some
> changes with the system.
> Thanks for your hints...

Your problem is this: even your old 7.3 should not crash no matter what cron
does around midnight. It makes no sense to find out _what_ crashes the box, you
won't probably find the real cause, so in the end you are only taking a
work-around instead of a real solution.

On the other hand: if you take a state-of-the-art distro chances are you won't
see your problem any more, have spent about the same time, but come out with a
new and fine solution.

Regards,
Stephan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.073 / U:0.232 seconds]