    SubjectDVB updates, 2nd try
    Hello all,

    thanks for all the suggestions regarding the dvb code, this is now my
    2nd try... ;-)

    Again, it's a patchset of 9 patches, which tries to sync the linuxtv.org
    CVS with the kernel driver.

    Due to the size of some of the patches, I don't post them on the list.
    Please have a look at them at:
    http://www.gdv.uni-hannover.de/~hunold1/dvb/

    Below is a summary of what these patches actually do. I tried to
    preserve everything that wasn't changed through the linuxtv.org's CVS,
    so I hope I did not wipe something out again.

    I understand that this is a big load Linus will most likely refuse to
    merge at once. So I'd like to ask other users to have a look at these
    patches and ask the maintainers (Christoph Hellwig, Alan Cox) to
    actually do the merge.

    @ Christoph Hellwig:

    I hope I followed all your suggestions. These were:
    - remove the DVB_DEVFS_ONLY completly
    - remove all #ifdef LINUX_KERNEL magic
    - remove all *internal* typedefs for structs and enums
    - use c99 initializers
    - use linux/errno.h instead of asm/errno.h
    - follow the new devfs api

    Still left:
    - fix up dprintk() usage

    CU
    Michael.

    [1-09] update the firmware of the av7110 dvb driver

    [2-09] update the generic saa7146 driver
    - remove some #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE constructions
    - sync with the interrupt handler changes in 2.5.69
    - add a missing kfree() call which caused the kernel to
    leak 32kB of kmalloc()ed memory. iieek!
    - fixed the capture code to handle cards that have swapped fields
    - added and fixed some debug messages
    - changed from kmalloc() to pci_consistent()
    - many small changes necessary to fix warnings/problems
    when compiled for ppc64 for example

    [3-09] update dvb subsystem core
    - switched from user-land types like __u8 to u8 and uint16_t to u16
    this makes the patch rather large.
    - updated the dvr (digital videorecording) facility
    - renamed some structures, like "struct dmxdev_s" to "struct dmxdev"
    - introduced dvb_functions.[ch], where some linux-kernel specific
    functions are encapsulated. by this, the dvb subsystem stays quite
    independent from deeper linux kernel functions.
    - moved dvb_usercopy() to dvb_functions.c -- this is essentially
    video_usercopy() which should be generic_usercopy() instead...
    - Made the dvb-core in dvbdev.c work with devfs again.
    - remove all typedefs from structs
    - remove all typedefs from enums

    [4-09] update the av7110 and budget drivers
    - replaced ddelay() wait function with generic dvb_delay() implementation
    - new DATA_MPEG_VIDEO_EVENT for direct mpeg2 video playback
    - added support for DVB-C cards with MSP3400 mixer and analog tuner
    - fixed up the av7110_ir handler and especially the write_proc()
    function; this fixed the bug the Stanford Checker has found

    [5-09] update dvb frontend drivers
    - C99 initializers
    - fix up some includes
    - various bugfixes

    [6-09] add a new dvb frontend driver
    - add a new driver for the cx24110 frontend by Peter Hettkamp
    <peter.hettkamp@t-online.de>

    [7-09] add dvb subsystem as a crc32 lib user

    [8-09] update analog saa7146 drivers mxb and dpc7146
    - add MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE entries, so that /sbin/hotplug can handle the
    devices
    - fixup due to the latest i2c changes

    [9-09] correct the i2c address of the saa7111
    - corrects the i2c address from "34>>1" to 0x24 and 0x25. Believe me --
    or look at the data sheet, for example from
    http://www.gdv.uni-hannover.de/~hunold1/linux/saa7146/specs/saa7111a.pdf
    Page 41 says: "Slave address read = 49H or 4BH; note 2 write = 48H or
    4AH" They use 8-bit addresses here, but i2c addresses are 7-bit,
    ie. 0x48>>1 == 0x24 and 0x4a>>1 = 0x25