    SubjectRe: Undo aic7xxx changes
    On Sat, 24 May 2003 13:16:08 +0200
    Willy Tarreau <willy@w.ods.org> wrote:

    > > Hello Willy,
    > >
    > > I will do that, but I am not so confident about this, because the box runs
    > > X and a console oops output from nmi may as well not be visible nor written
    > > to disk.
    >
    > OK, I understand. Other options are : serial console (worked for me after
    > several retries), remote syslogd (sometimes works if the system can still
    > schedule a bit), or patches such as netconsole, which sends the logs to a
    > remote host, and kmsgdump which tries to get them onto a floppy after a
    > panic or a forced dump.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Willy

    Hello all,

    it did not take really long for rc3+aic20030520 to freeze - exactly one day.

    Though I used nmi_watchdog there are no presentable outputs. As I expected the
    screen simply is black and no messages are in any logfiles.
    Again it froze while tar-ing about 80 GB of data onto an aic-driven SDLT. Data
    is coming from IDE drive connected to a 3ware 7500-8 (though no raid
    configuration).

    I conclude that rc2+aic20030502 was way better.

    Ah yes, one more thing: I can ping the box, but keyboard, mouse, display is
    dead and usually working processes stopped (like snmp).

    Willy: I am willing to try a serial console setup (as it does not interfere
    with X). I have tried this before with no luck. Can you provide some hints how
    you got that working (yes, I read Documentation/serial-console.txt, but I could
    not manage any output on the serial line).

    Regards,
    Stephan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.022 / U:1.416 seconds]