    SubjectRe: Aix7xxx unstable in 2.4.21-rc2? (RE: Linux 2.4.21-rc2)
    >> I wish Justin would have proposed a little patch to fix only the locking bugs
    >> in -rc1, but honnestly, why should he fix only these bugs when he knows about
    >> others that must be fixed too ? I can understand he gives up. -rc is for bug
    >> fixes, and his bug fixes are reverted !
    > Marcelo reacted exactly as the release committee would at Adaptec:
    > either provide the bug fix for assessment or we'll push it out into the
    > next release. This is industry standard practice, so I don't see any
    > problem.

    Just for clarification. Marcelo never asked me for a fix. The only
    mail I received from him was an informational message indicating that
    the code was being backed out. If I had been provided an opportunity
    to fix the problem, I would have. Considering that the fix has been
    available long before RC2 was cut (May 1st.), it's not hard to see that
    getting a proper fix required nothing more than just upgrading the driver
    or contacting its maintainer to get a paired down fix.