SubjectRe: Aix7xxx unstable in 2.4.21-rc2? (RE: Linux 2.4.21-rc2)
>> I wish Justin would have proposed a little patch to fix only the locking bugs
>> in -rc1, but honnestly, why should he fix only these bugs when he knows about
>> others that must be fixed too ? I can understand he gives up. -rc is for bug
>> fixes, and his bug fixes are reverted !
> Marcelo reacted exactly as the release committee would at Adaptec:
> either provide the bug fix for assessment or we'll push it out into the
> next release. This is industry standard practice, so I don't see any
> problem.

Just for clarification. Marcelo never asked me for a fix. The only
mail I received from him was an informational message indicating that
the code was being backed out. If I had been provided an opportunity
to fix the problem, I would have. Considering that the fix has been
available long before RC2 was cut (May 1st.), it's not hard to see that
getting a proper fix required nothing more than just upgrading the driver
or contacting its maintainer to get a paired down fix.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.110 / U:6.684 seconds]