SubjectRe: web page on O(1) scheduler

Mike> The page mentions persistent starvation. My own explorations
Mike> of this issue indicate that the primary source is always
Mike> selecting the highest priority queue.

My working assumption is that the problem is a bug with the dynamic
prioritization. The task receiving the signals calls sleep() after
handling a signal and hence it's dynamic priority should end up higher
than the priority of the task sending signals (since the sender never
relinquishes the CPU voluntarily).

However, I haven't actually had time to look at the relevant code, so
I may be missing something. If you understand the issue better,
please explain to me why this isn't a dynamic priority issue.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.139 / U:5.312 seconds]