SubjectRe: Centrino
On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 09:57, Balram Adlakha wrote:
[snip]

> You mean the video card doesn't work properly? What happens when you run X etc?
> Are you have trouble booting your centrino notebook or something?
> The video card has got nothing to do with the cpu. Your centrino
> notebook should work normally. If you want to save power then you can
> select the power saving options in the config.

Well, the vided card does work, but seemingly not after you restart your
X server. You get presented with a black screen after restarting X, and
you can kill the X server from there, so it runs, just doesn't show
anything.

The thinkpad boots, that is no problem. The powersaving has been brought
to my attention as a possible source of problem. I already run it w/o
ACPI, and will try disabling APM as well..

The other thing that has been highlighted to me is that there might be a
problem with idle in the 2.4.20 kernel. I will be trying 2.4.21-rc1 over
the weekend if that works better.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@trudheim.com>
Trudheim Technology Limited

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.065 / U:1.068 seconds]