    SubjectRe: Test Patch: 2.5.69 Interrupt Latency
    On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 11:41, Alan Stern wrote:
    > The patch below incorporates your suggested subroutine. That alone wasn't
    > enough to prevent the state from bouncing a few times when I powered my
    > USB device on or off, so the debounce code is in there too. This patch
    > behaves fine on my workstation, which has both ports connected. I'll try
    > it later on my laptop, which only has one port.
    >
    > In the end, I decided it was easiest and safest to follow your "don't
    > suspend if any ports are OC" scheme. We can try it the other way too if
    > you want. What do you think would happen if you were to try to put your
    > machine in an APM/ACPI "suspend" state?
    >
    > This is a cumulative patch, i.e., it applies to a virgin 2.5.69 source.
    > Let me know how it works for you.

    Alan,

    the patch applied cleanly and worked for me
    (prevented global suspension). Having the lengthy
    waits outside of the ISR is a definate plus, and
    the debounce makes sense.

    My machine does not have APM/ACPI facilities so
    I can't test the suspend. It is getting pretty
    dated, but the economy dictates I live with it for
    a while longer :-)

    Does you laptop use the PIIX4? If it does and uses only
    one port, I would be very interested to see if
    one port is continuously reporting OC (hardwired).

    Thanks for the patch,
    Paul

    --
    Paul Fulghum, paulkf@microgate.com