    SubjectRe: Test Patch: 2.5.69 Interrupt Latency
    On 16 May 2003, Paul Fulghum wrote:

    > Moving the wait out of the ISR and doing the wakeup
    > only for RD on non-OC ports are winners.
    >
    > I can't comment on the 1 second grace period. Was that
    > seen false RD indications due to noise?

    Well, I have actually seen false indications. Whether they are due to
    noise is open to debate. Since they occur just at the time when I turn
    the power to my USB peripheral on or off, that's my best guess. It might
    even turn out that power on/off generates a temporary OC condition, so
    fixing that might render the grace period unnecessary. I haven't had a
    chance try it yet.

    > There is also the more trivial matter of removing the
    > unnecessary setting of the FGR bit on wakeup.

    Yes. That can be done in any case.

    > I'll check that the global RD interrupt does not
    > keep repeating after a false RD by an OC port.

    Good.

    > So I suggest you build a patch that does all of
    > the above (with the grace period at your discretion).
    > Then we can both test it, and you can submit it
    > for actual inclusion.

    I will. Probably won't be ready until some time next week.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.034 / U:3.588 seconds]