SubjectRe: [BK FBDEV] String drawing optimizations.
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:02:40AM +0100, James Simmons wrote:

> Please test. The pixmap code in the framebuffer layer was designed to
> align the font data. For some hardware it is required that each scanline
> end on a byte boundary but for some it was to be 32 bit aligned. So the
> solution was to take the image data and padded it to what the hardware
> needs. At present it does this by coping on byte at a time. This is just
> plain awful. So this patch copies data a whole scanline at a time. It is
> a big performance boost. Please test before I send it to Linus. Thank
> you.

What about getting rid of one-char putc, implementing it in terms of
putcs? I'm doing it in matroxfb patches, and nobody complained yet, and
with current length of {fbcon,accel}_putc{s,} I was not able to find
measurable speed difference between putc and putc through putcs variants.
Thanks,
Petr Vandrovec
vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.051 / U:0.024 seconds]