    SubjectRe: readprofile: 0 total nan
    On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 05:35, Shesha@asu.edu wrote:
    > Hi I found something intersting, and I wanted to share with all.
    >
    > I copied the /proc/profile file of host (X86) to a file "my_profile" on the
    > target system (XScale) and I execute the following command at the target, the
    > System.map file for the command is the one generated by cross compiling kernel
    > for XScale (target) itself.
    >
    > ./readprofile -p ./my_profile | sort -nr +2 | head -2
    >
    > Here is the result ....
    >
    > ./readprofile: profile address out of range. Wrong map file?

    The "Wrong map file" was reported because, based upon your command line,
    it looks like readprofile used /usr/src/linux/System.map rather than the
    System.map from your Xscale/ARM system. If you have the map file for
    your ARM kernel, you could try using the -m option when invoking
    readprofile to specify a path to your ARM's System.map.

    ./readprofile -m /specify/path/to/arm/System.map -p ./my_profile

    > XScale/ARM? I think there is a problem in the way, kernel for XScale/ARM is
    > generating /proc/profile file.

    That is possible. Unfortunately, I don't have my StrongARM-based
    handheld running a modern kernel, so I can't offer much help here.

    --
    Andy Pfiffer <andyp@osdl.org>