SubjectRe: readprofile: 0 total nan
On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 05:35, wrote:
> Hi I found something intersting, and I wanted to share with all.
> I copied the /proc/profile file of host (X86) to a file "my_profile" on the
> target system (XScale) and I execute the following command at the target, the
> file for the command is the one generated by cross compiling kernel
> for XScale (target) itself.
> ./readprofile -p ./my_profile | sort -nr +2 | head -2
> Here is the result ....
> ./readprofile: profile address out of range. Wrong map file?

The "Wrong map file" was reported because, based upon your command line,
it looks like readprofile used /usr/src/linux/ rather than the from your Xscale/ARM system. If you have the map file for
your ARM kernel, you could try using the -m option when invoking
readprofile to specify a path to your ARM's

./readprofile -m /specify/path/to/arm/ -p ./my_profile

> XScale/ARM? I think there is a problem in the way, kernel for XScale/ARM is
> generating /proc/profile file.

That is possible. Unfortunately, I don't have my StrongARM-based
handheld running a modern kernel, so I can't offer much help here.

Andy Pfiffer <>