    SubjectRe: modifying line state manually on ttyS
    On Monday 07 April 2003 16:16, Alan Cox wrote:
    > TxD is a bad choice. A lot of the hardware cannot control TXD this
    > way. DTR is the usual one because it is easy to handle but there
    > are other control lines you can drive directly (see TIOCGMODEM)

    Oh great, you have just discovered the reason, why my driver is working
    on my Pentium1-PC but not on my Pentium4-PC. It's simply not supported
    by hardware. I've spent hours and hours about this. :)

    My device is actually using DTR and RTS. What line could I use instead of
    TxD? Is it possible to use CTS for this, although it is normally a
    "input-signal", but not a "output-signal" like RTS?

    Michael Buesch.

    My homepage:
    fighting for peace is like fu**ing for virginity

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.022 / U:22.124 seconds]