    SubjectRe: modifying line state manually on ttyS
    Date
    On Monday 07 April 2003 16:16, Alan Cox wrote:
    > TxD is a bad choice. A lot of the hardware cannot control TXD this
    > way. DTR is the usual one because it is easy to handle but there
    > are other control lines you can drive directly (see TIOCGMODEM)

    Oh great, you have just discovered the reason, why my driver is working
    on my Pentium1-PC but not on my Pentium4-PC. It's simply not supported
    by hardware. I've spent hours and hours about this. :)

    My device is actually using DTR and RTS. What line could I use instead of
    TxD? Is it possible to use CTS for this, although it is normally a
    "input-signal", but not a "output-signal" like RTS?

    Regards
    Michael Buesch.

    --
    My homepage: http://www.8ung.at/tuxsoft
    fighting for peace is like fu**ing for virginity