    SubjectRe: objrmap and vmtruncate
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > And treating the nonlinear mappings as being mlocked is a great
    > simplification - I'd be interested in Ingo's views on that.

    More generally, how about automatically discarding VMAs and rmap
    chains when pages become mlocked, and not creating those structures in
    the first place when mapping with MAP_LOCKED?

    The idea is that adjacent locked regions would be mergable into a
    single VMA, looking a lot like the present non-linear mapping, and
    with no need for rmap chains.

    Because mlock is reversible, you'd need the capability to reconsitute
    individual VMAs from ptes when unlocking a region.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:33.716 seconds]