    SubjectRe: PATCH: Fixes for ide-disk.c
    On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 09:00, Alan Cox wrote:
    > There are multiple "blocked" fields to deal with. drive->blocked
    > indicates we can't feed it commands because it is blocked due to
    > power management.
    >
    > idedisk_suspend sets the drive->blocked field so that we panic if
    > anything is sent to the disk after we turned it off (since it
    > would be a corrupter).
    >
    > idedisk_resume is called on the resume path and marks the drive
    > as safe to use.
    >
    > So if you hit that bug, you did I/O after shutting the drive down,
    > which is not allowed.

    Okay. So the right behaviour is to ignore multiple idedisk_suspend calls
    and ignore multiple idedisk_resume calls?

    Regards,

    Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cunningham
    495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does
    not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
    -- 2 Timothy 2:14, NASB.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.024 / U:30.960 seconds]