    Subjectpoweroff problem
    I've got a problem with my 2.4.2-2 kernel.
    after reaching the power down stage i get a :
    1. complete listing of the cpu registers
    2. a message saying sementaion fault with halt -i -p -d

    i contacted the author of the poweroff script but
    he says that this means it must be a kernel problem

    i know that the kernel is old but i dont want to update
    cos my modem has a low download speed

    also i cant give u the complete listing of the cpu
    registers since it occurs at the last stage
    of shutdown and i cant copy it to a file
    and am too lazy to write it down

    can anyone help me ?

    Odomos - the only mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
    Click here to know more!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:1.612 seconds]