    SubjectRe: [RFC] clustered apic irq affinity fix for i386
    Keith Mannthey <kmannth@us.ibm.com> wrote:

    > Hello all,
    > Machines with clustered apics are buggy when it comes to setting irq
    > affinity.

    You stand accused of crimes against whitespace.

    - The patch uses eight-spaces everywhere. Please use eight-stop tabs.

    - Funny comment format:

    /*we want to be careful what we write we are in clustered mode
    *if the mask came from pending_irq_balance_apicid we are ok because
    *it was generated with cpu_to_logical_apicid*/

    should be

    /*
    * We want to be careful what we write we are in clustered mode if the mask
    * came from pending_irq_balance_apicid we are ok because it was generated
    * with cpu_to_logical_apicid.
    */

    - 1e16-column xterms. Please aim for 80-columns:

    static inline void io_apic_write_affinity(unsigned int apic, unsigned int reg, unsigned int mask, unsigned int irq)

    should be:

    static inline void io_apic_write_affinity(unsigned int apic,
    unsigned int reg, unsigned int mask, unsigned int irq)

    or

    static inline void
    io_apic_write_affinity(unsigned int apic, unsigned int reg,
    unsigned int mask, unsigned int irq)

    - non-K&R braces:

    if ((pending_irq_balance_apicid[irq] == mask) || (irqbalance_disabled))
    {
    mask = mask << 24;
    io_apic_write(apic,reg,mask);
    }
    else
    {
    printk ("Trying to write abartry affinity value to ioapic! Not allowed!");
    }
    }

    should be:

    if ((pending_irq_balance_apicid[irq] == mask) || irqbalance_disabled) {
    mask = mask << 24;
    io_apic_write(apic,reg,mask);
    } else {
    printk("Trying to write abartry affinity value to ioapic! Not allowed!");
    }

    (note: no space between "printk" and "(")

    (s/abartry/arbitrary/)

    (best replace that printk with a BUG() or a WARN_ON(1))

    (or split the string up so it fits in 80-cols)

    - Funny comments:

    /*only the first 8 bits are valid*/

    should be:

    /* Only the first 8 bits are valid */

    Could you please take a look at all that and resend?

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.033 / U:0.268 seconds]