SubjectRe: Swap Compression

Con Kolivas wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:35, Timothy Miller wrote:
>

>The work that Rodrigo De Castro did on compressed caching
>(linuxcompressed.sf.net) included a minilzo algorithm which I used by default
>in the -ck patch addon as it performed the best for all the reasons you
>mention. Why not look at that lzo code for adoption.

Some time before rmoser started HIS discussion on compressed swap, I
started a discussion on the same topic. Out of that discussion came
mention of an existing project which did EXACTLY what I was proposing.
That made me happy. For some reason rmoser wants to start from
scratch. He can do that if he wants. I had only hoped that my earlier
mention of it would spark interest in taking the existing implementation
and adding it to the mainline kernel, after some incompatbilities were
dealt with. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to engage directly in
that particular aspect the kernel development.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.051 / U:0.324 seconds]