    SubjectRe: [Lse-tech] Re: maximum possible memory limit ..
    >>> and 64GB is available from vendors who are willing to apply the pgcl
    >>> patch.
    >>
    >> Nobody is doing that. pgcl is 2.5 only and seems to be still quite
    >> instable. Also it's extremly intrusive.
    >
    > Bill will probably wake up any time now and chime in, but don't forget
    > all of the drivers.
    >
    ># grep -r PAGE_SIZE drivers/ | wc -l
    > 893
    >
    > Each one of those needs to be audited before pgcl is acceptable to a
    > wide audience. We've already seen plenty of stuff that breaks. ext2/3
    > look to be all right, but I know that JFS is broken.

    Well, the upside is that he's only doing s/PAGE_SIZE/MMU_PAGESIZE/
    in most places, which are normally both 4K. So it will have no effect
    whatsoever unless you explicitly turn it on.

    M.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.023 / U:0.060 seconds]