    SubjectRe: Houston, I think we have a problem
    From
    On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 12:52:49PM +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    > <SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!>
    <description>

    Hehe, at first I thought you were describing the excessive flamewars
    where someone of 'low priority' downs a semaphore (flameworthy topic)
    which then 'starves' useful discussions for several days. One good thing
    is that is looks like fewer core developers seem to get sucked up in
    these nowadays. (perhaps they have switched to some lockless RCU scheme?)

    In any case, I have seen minute long stalls with 100% cpu usage about 3
    or 4 times. I believe it started around the time the interactive
    scheduler changes went in. One time it looked like the xserver, the
    windowmanager and an inactive xterm were having a foodfight (when the
    stall cleared a top showed 50%/25%/25% cpu usage for those processes).

    Interestingly this was right after a reboot, so most of the 1GB of
    memory was not used.

    Jan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.020 / U:0.796 seconds]