SubjectRe: [RFD] Combined fork-exec syscall.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> POSIX has a spawn interface, see <spawn.h> on modern systems. A syscall
> should be compatible with this interface.

Hmmm. Okay, it isn't listed in my POSIX reference (which is really dated).

I don't have any docs on this... I did grep around some header files on a
Linux box and it looks to be a fairly complex interface. I'm not opposed
to supporting the interface, but I would like the syscall to be fairly
light-weight.

Would my original proposal cover the POSIX spec with some userland glue?

L8r,
Mark G.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans