    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.21-rc1
    On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:17:43PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Athanasius wrote:
    > > Yup, that *seems* to have fixed it. Booted up, updatedb run, compile
    > > of a few things done, running X, even burned a CD, no sign of the
    > > reported problem.
    > >
    > > This could do with some easily accessible documentation someplace, but
    > > I'm not sure *where* such should go.
    > I dont think this is a fix, it's a work-around. It shouldn't be
    > documnented, it should be made to work. That might mean having the kbuild
    > prevent inappropriate use, of course.

    Agreed, I more meant it needs documenting so that those people that
    hit it can apply the workaround and otherwise test the kernels. I guess
    for now those of us that know about it will just have to keep an eye out
    for others reporting the problem then clue them in.

    -Ath, now happily running 2.4.21-rc1, when he couldn't run anything past
    2.4.21-pre4 before
    - Athanasius = Athanasius(at) /
    Finger athan(at) for PGP key
    "And it's me who is my enemy. Me who beats me up.
    Me who makes the monsters. Me who strips my confidence." Paula Cole - ME
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.031 / U:4.988 seconds]