SubjectRe: [Patch?] SiS 746 AGP-Support
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:02:26AM +0200, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

> I have only a AGP 2 (geforce 4-mx) card, so I missed that(and with one I would
> only to be able to say 'it doesn't work' so thanks for your explanation). But
> without this changes I won't even able to use dga, because the first
> dga-enabled app completely locks up my box.
> And to have working AGP2 and non working APG3 looks a lot better for me than
> no AGP-support at all.

Sure, I wasn't objecting per'se to the patch, but people should be made
aware it's not going to help them a tiny bit if they have an AGP3 card.
It may just abort nicely, it may take down the machine in horrible ways
depending on how well SiS handles reads/writes to disabled registers.

Dave

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans