SubjectRe: Flame Linus to a crisp!
Jan Harkes wrote:

> Are companies required to provide me (as legal owner) of a new copy/CD
> when my harddrive breaks, as the new harddrive will probably change the
> 'trusted' signature of my 'legal playback device'. What if I buy a new
> computer/player, and all my licensed applications have to be resigned?

Yeah seriously...there are so many issues with DRM that are not clear
cut and have yet to be worked out properly. Competing ideas with
completely different strategies does not bode well with me. As a
consumer the idea is absurd until something stable, legal, AND FAIR is
implemented. Until then I don't even want to see this issue again
on this list because it is moot. How many DRM prodcts support Linux or
even plan to...yeah...most of them are win32 and have no plans for
even Macs nevermind Linux...

-Stan

> Jan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.171 / U:0.284 seconds]