    SubjectRe: Flame Linus to a crisp!
    On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:39:50 BST, said:

    > Excuse me, but I don't get the last part. You know that
    > F had been built in environment of unspecified degree of security
    > from source that had been kept in <--->
    > written by programmers you don't know
    > who had been hired in conformace with criteria <--->
    > and released after passing QA of unknown quality (but you can bet
    > that they had missed some security holes in the past)
    > under a license that almost certainly disclaims any responsibility.
    > Care to explain how does one get from the trust in above to "trusted to run"?

    On top of which, if a buffer overflow is found, the exploit will run in
    the context of the signed program. What it *does* mean is that once the
    ankle-biting script kiddie breaks in, the kernel will hopefully refuse to
    run their unsigned exploits.
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:8.704 seconds]