    SubjectRe: Fix SWSUSP & !SWAP
    Nigel Cunningham <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 12:17, CaT wrote:
    > > I'm curious. What does a swapfile solve that a swapdev does not? Either
    > > way you need to prealloc the case (either have a chunky file in a
    > > partition or a partition set aside) or you need to keep enough room
    > > avail to fit the file when it's needed.
    > Nothing but further bloat in swsusp :> With a swapfile, we need to know
    > the location of the file (and be able to find it again when it changes,
    > and know how to find the next block in the file system - it might be
    > fragmented).

    That's because swsusp is using the mm/page_io.c functions for suspend, but
    is using the fs/buffer.c functions direct to the blockdev for resume.

    If you can use the swapper_space a_ops for both suspend and resume (say:
    "cleanup") then it will just work.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.018 / U:4.096 seconds]