    SubjectRe: [2.4.21-rc1] USB Trackball broken
    Nils Holland wrote:
    > On Wednesday 23 April 2003 18:54, David van Hoose wrote:
    >

    >>I am running RedHat 9. Trackball is detected and works when using the
    >>stock 2.4.20-9 kernel that RedHat provided.
    >>
    >>With 2.4.21-rc1, I have included the USB and input devices in the
    >>kernel, as modules, and as various combinations in between. My USB
    >>Logitech Trackball shows up as being detected and setup, but it doesn't
    >>work.
    >

    > I'm using a Logitech Cordless TrackMan here, and this works fine with
    > 2.4.21-rc1. I don't know which trackball you have, but the Logitech input
    > devices all seem to be using more or less the same receiver, and this is what
    > the problem would be about.
    >
    > Anyway, if not done already, I would suggest that you plug the trackball right
    > into one of the computer's USB ports and not into an external hub to see if
    > that makes a difference.

    I have a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. It detects as a Logitech
    Cordless Receiver. My motherboard is an Asus P4S8X. It has the
    SiS648/SiS963 chipsets. I'm not using an external hub. I'm using the
    ports on my motherboard. I've tried using all 6 USB ports I have, but I
    get the same thing; detection and no input.

    Regards,
    David

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.023 / U:0.232 seconds]