SubjectRE: [patch] printk subsystems

> From: Greg KH []
> > Yep, that is the point, and it is small enough (5 ulongs) that
> > it can be embedded anywhere without being of high impact and
> > having to allocate it [first example that comes to mind is
> > for sending a device connection message; you can embed a short
> > message in the device structure and query that for delivery;
> > no buffer, no nothing, the data straight from the source].
> And the device is removed from the system, the memory for that device is
> freed, and then a user comes along and trys to read that message.
> oops... :)

Hey! Come on! You don't think I am that lame, do you? Man what
a fame I do have!

Before the device vaporizes, it recalls the message, so there is
no message to read - the same way you take away the sysfs data from
the sysfs tree ...

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
(and my fault)