    SubjectRE: [patch] printk subsystems

    > From: Greg KH []
    > > Yep, that is the point, and it is small enough (5 ulongs) that
    > > it can be embedded anywhere without being of high impact and
    > > having to allocate it [first example that comes to mind is
    > > for sending a device connection message; you can embed a short
    > > message in the device structure and query that for delivery;
    > > no buffer, no nothing, the data straight from the source].
    > And the device is removed from the system, the memory for that device is
    > freed, and then a user comes along and trys to read that message.
    > oops... :)

    Hey! Come on! You don't think I am that lame, do you? Man what
    a fame I do have!

    Before the device vaporizes, it recalls the message, so there is
    no message to read - the same way you take away the sysfs data from
    the sysfs tree ...

    Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
    (and my fault)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.033 / U:51.016 seconds]