    SubjectPlz help!!
    Hi guys!!!

    This is my first mail to ts list and i'm eagerly awaiting a
    reply. I was goin thru the printk source and found out that pritk was
    calling the write method of struct console 's present on a list
    pointed to by console_drivers. So I thot of adding my own console
    driver like this....

    #define MODULE
    #define __KERNEL__
    #include<linux/module.h>
    #include<linux/kernel.h>
    #include<linux/console.h>
    #include<linux/sched.h>

    void my_write(struct console *co,const char *buf,unsigned count)
    {
    struct tty_struct *my_tty;
    my_tty = current->tty;
    if(my_tty != NULL)
    {
    ((my_tty->driver).write)(my_tty,0,buf,strlen(buf));
    }
    }

    struct console my_console = {
    name:"MYCON",
    write:my_write,
    flags:CON_ENABLED,
    index:-1,
    };

    int init_module()
    {
    register_console(&my_console);
    return 0;
    }

    void cleanup_module()
    {
    }

    When I insmoded the module (in run level 3) it worked fine. While it
    was still inserted i typed 'startx' and when i pressed 'Enter' ,the
    machine instantly rebooted!!! I tried this again and it happened. With
    MYCON registered ,if I issue the startx command ,the machine reboots.
    Also if MYCON is registered and I shutdown using 'init 0' again the reboot
    happens.Can anyone explain??

    bye
    Bijoy Jacob Thomas

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:51.384 seconds]