SubjectPlz help!!
Hi guys!!!

This is my first mail to ts list and i'm eagerly awaiting a
reply. I was goin thru the printk source and found out that pritk was
calling the write method of struct console 's present on a list
pointed to by console_drivers. So I thot of adding my own console
driver like this....
#define MODULE
#define __KERNEL__

void my_write(struct console *co,const char *buf,unsigned count)
struct tty_struct *my_tty;
my_tty = current->tty;
if(my_tty != NULL)
struct console my_console = {
int init_module()
return 0;
void cleanup_module()
When I insmoded the module (in run level 3) it worked fine. While it
was still inserted i typed 'startx' and when i pressed 'Enter' ,the
machine instantly rebooted!!! I tried this again and it happened. With
MYCON registered ,if I issue the startx command ,the machine reboots.
Also if MYCON is registered and I shutdown using 'init 0' again the reboot
happens.Can anyone explain??

Bijoy Jacob Thomas