    SubjectRe: 64-bit kdev_t - just for playing
    Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > For block devices this is no problem, they register regions not majors.
    > For character devices that sounds the way to go, too. I'll look into it
    > once I've finished by devfs API sanitizing, but if viro magically reappeared
    > and could post his existing patches for it this would make it even easier...

    Personally I think it's needless complexity (workaround for a too-small
    address space which is better fixed by making the address space larger),
    but it does allow for more flexibility and assuming it doesn't come with
    unacceptable overhead I guess it doesn't hurt.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.022 / U:0.104 seconds]