    SubjectRe: ATAPI cdrecord issue 2.5.67
    From
    On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:46:21PM +0200, mikpe@csd.uu.se wrote:
    > Alan Cox writes:
    > > On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 20:53, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > > > I think ide-scsi needs to be supported for some time going forward.
    > > > After all, cdrecord, cdrdao, dvdrecord aren't going to be the only
    > > > applications.
    > >
    > > And far longer than that. People seem to be testing and demoing
    > [snip]
    >
    > ATAPI tape drives will need ide-scsi too, unless ide-tape somehow
    > got repaired lately. And some people already use ide-scsi+st in
    > 2.4 since ide-tape doesn't always work reliably.

    Whan I last looked at the ide-tape driver , which was
    back in 2.2, it looked like the big problem was actually
    in it error handling , rather than anywhere else.

    I don't think it has been changed significantly it that regard
    since.

    IIRC , the behaviour which appeared to be caueing me a problem
    was that some slow driver would be busy long for ide-tape to
    get bored. It also didn;t like getting error codes which weren't
    spelled out it the quik spec. The common travan mechanism I
    get lots of here, spits out quite a few of those. (As well
    as failing one of st's enquiry cmds).

    TTFN
    --
    Roger. Home| http://www.sandman.uklinux.net/
    Master of Peng Shui. (Ancient oriental art of Penguin Arranging)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:2.531 / U:0.132 seconds]