SubjectRe: Subtle semantic issue with sleep callbacks in drivers
On Gwe, 2003-04-18 at 08:37, Greg KH wrote:
> > Hmm, well what about with a PCI hotswap capable board - presumably
> > then we could have the situation where a new VGA card appears that we
> > _have_ to POST?
> PCI Hotplug does not support video cards for just this reason.

Crap reason. You let the /sbin/hotplug helper use LRMI to post the card.
The technology side is not that hard except for the problems with X
sticking its nose in places it shouldnt and the PCI user space access
from kernel being too weak for some stuff.