    SubjectRe: my dual channel DDR 400 RAM won't work on any linux distro

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 root@mauve.demon.co.uk wrote:

    > This has a little basis in fact.
    >
    > "Double sided SIMMs" can have higher capacitances on the data lines, as there
    > are more pins connected to the socket.
    > This means more loading, especially at high speed.
    >
    > Add in marginal designs, and it can make a difference.

    As well, these usually use two banks of memory.

    I have a pair of crucial 256 meg sticks in my home pc, one is single sided
    and one is double sided. when I decide that 512 meg isn't enough, I have
    to make sure I get a stick that uses only one bank of ram, as my ASUS
    p4B533-e shares DIMM2 and DIMM3's banks. You can only have single sided
    dimms in it if you want to use both at once.

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.024 / U:1.096 seconds]