    SubjectRe: Writing modules for 2.5
    Alan Cox <> writes:

    > > Next question: what is the correct replacement for MOD_INC_USE_COUNT?
    > If you know the use count is already one there isnt one, jut use
    > MOD_INC_USE_COUNT and flame Rusty
    > If you can't prove the use count is already one for your own module
    > you have a problem (and did in 2.4 in truth). The layers try and
    > lock the layer below. So char drivers are locked by core code,
    > block drivers likewise, tty drivers and so on...
    > Most driver layers now have an owner: field in the file ops or other
    > structure they register
    > owner: THIS_MODULE,
    > (THIS_MODULE comes out currently in a non modular buils too)

    My situation is like this: I am converting a char device driver to
    work with linux 2.5. In the open and close functions there are
    MOD_INC/DEC_USECOUNT calls. The question is what they should be
    replaced with. Will it be handled correctly without them?

    Måns Rullgård

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:0.060 seconds]