Subject[FBDEV BK] Updates and fixes.

As usually I have a standard diff at
http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

It is against the latest BK tree. I haven'tt tried it yet for 2.5.67

Linus, please do a

bk pull http://fbdev.bkbits.net/fbdev-2.5

This will update the following files:

Documentation/devices.txt | 7
arch/i386/boot/compressed/misc.c | 2
arch/i386/boot/video.S | 34 +
arch/i386/kernel/setup.c | 4
drivers/video/aty/aty128fb.c | 16
drivers/video/cfbimgblt.c | 4
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c | 585 +++++++++++-------------
drivers/video/console/fbcon.h | 1
drivers/video/controlfb.c | 18
drivers/video/edid.h | 138 +++++
drivers/video/fbcmap.c | 33 -
drivers/video/fbmem.c | 211 ++++----
drivers/video/fbmon.c | 922 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
drivers/video/i810/i810.h | 7
drivers/video/i810/i810_accel.c | 140 +++--
drivers/video/i810/i810_dvt.c | 3
drivers/video/i810/i810_gtf.c | 7
drivers/video/i810/i810_main.c | 207 +++-----
drivers/video/i810/i810_main.h | 4
drivers/video/imsttfb.c | 4
drivers/video/logo/logo.c | 69 +-
drivers/video/modedb.c | 105 ++++
drivers/video/platinumfb.c | 28 -
drivers/video/pm2fb.c | 22
drivers/video/radeonfb.c | 54 +-
drivers/video/retz3fb.c | 16
drivers/video/riva/fbdev.c | 380 +++++++---------
drivers/video/sis/sis_main.h | 62 +-
drivers/video/softcursor.c | 243 ++++------
drivers/video/tdfxfb.c | 18
drivers/video/tgafb.c | 2
drivers/video/tridentfb.c | 8
drivers/video/vesafb.c | 23
drivers/video/vga16fb.c | 6
include/asm-i386/setup.h | 1
include/linux/fb.h | 29 -
include/linux/linux_logo.h | 2
include/linux/pci_ids.h | 1
include/video/edid.h | 27 +

through these ChangeSets:

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/12 1.1014)
[FBDEV] Improved speed performance. We copy many bytes of data instead of just one at a time.

[IMSTT FBDEV] Fixed a bug that caused the hardware to lock up when scrolling.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/04/11 1.1011)
[RIVA FBDEV] Cursor fixes. Almost done. At least it looks normal most of the time.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/10 1.1009)
[RADEON FBDEV] Compile fixes.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/10 1.1007)
[RADEON FBDEV] Detect 8 Megs of RAM not 8 Kilobytes.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/10 1.1006)
[FBDEV] EDID support from OpenFirmware on PPC platoforms and from the BIOS on intel platforms.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/04/10 1.1004)
[FBDEV] Made the upper layer code always use the cursor mask of struct fb_cursor inside struct fb_info. This moved memory management of the mask and image data to the upper layers.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/04/10 1.1003)
[FBDEV] Made the upper layer code always use the cursor mask of struct fb_cursor inside struct fb_info. This moved memory management of the mask and image data to the upper layers.

[RADEON FBDEV] Updates for the Radeon 9100.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/04 1.998)
[FBDEV] Killed off shutting down IRQs. We need them for some types of hardware.

[FBDEV] Cleanup with FB_CUR_SETCUR and the enable field. Fix to set the cursor shape when we change the size of the cursor.

[I810 FBDEV] Updates to the new cursor code.

[FBDEV GENERIC CURSOR] A memcpy optimization. Also only allocate a new mask field when the size of the cursor changes.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/04/02 1.995)
[FBDEV] Use C99 style.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/02 1.991.1.2)
[FBDEV SOFT CURSOR] Test to see if kmalloc failed.

[FBCON] Test to see if the user priovides there own work queue.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/04/02 1.991.1.1)
[FBDEV] Final cursor code cleanups. Now the burden of handling the cursor code lies on the driver side. The reason for this is that a invalid cursor might come from userland.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/03/31 1.990)
[FBDEV] Massive cleanups of the cursor api.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/03/26 1.986)
[FBDEV] Documentation on the device numbers of /dev/fb being mulitples of 32 is no longer true. Removed that info.

[FBDEV] Logo fixes. Now we can display different color logos on screens of different color depths.

[VGA16 FBDEV] Small compile error. Fixed it now.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/03/26 1.984)
[I810 FBDEV] Driver updates.

[FBCON] Reversed some of my cursor changes.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/03/25 1.983)
[FBDEV] The image color depth of zero hack has been killed.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/03/25 1.982)
[FBCON] Now we use workqueues so framebuffer code can always work in a process context.

[GENERIC CURSOR] Safety check in case kmalloc failes

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/03/25 1.981)
[FBCON] Could be called outside of a process context. This fixes that.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/03/25 1.979)
[RAGE 128/CONTROL/PLATNIUM FBDEV] PPC updates.

[RADEON FBDEV] PLL fix for specific type of card.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.088 / U:0.248 seconds]