SubjectRe: stabilty problems using opengl on kt400 based system
Date
On Saturday 12 Apr 2003 8:26 pm, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Saturday 12 April 2003 20:20, Mark Watts wrote:
> > > I am not sure, but I though nVidia cards were different. I have used a
> > > tnt2 before I had my radeon (I used it with that previous motherboard)
> > > and back then, I have been advised to compile kernels without AGP
> > > support since the nVidia drivers wouldn't use them anyway (despite the
> > > fact that it was a 4x agp card). NVidia seems to have his own method of
> > > accessing the agp bus.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure how I tell what agp gart I'm using, but I have
> > 'agpgart' loaded as a module...
>
> I found it in the readme file of the nvidia drivers:
>
> <QUOTE>
> There are several choices for configuring the NVIDIA kernel module's
> use of AGP: you can choose to either use NVIDIA's AGP module (NVAGP),
> or the AGP module that comes with the linux kernel (AGPGART). This is
> controlled through the "NvAGP" option in your XF86Config file:
>
> Option "NvAgp" "0" ... disables AGP support
> Option "NvAgp" "1" ... use NVAGP, if possible
> Option "NvAgp" "2" ... use AGPGART, if possible
> Option "NvAGP" "3" ... try AGPGART; if that fails, try NVAGP
>
> The default is 3 (the default was 1 until after 1.0-1251).
> </QUOTE>
>
> In other words, you use linux's agp drivers.
>
> So it's probably not the agp driver that causes "hangs".

You're right - I don't have any NvAgp options in my X config.

Not sure these will help but here are some of the versions of thinks I run:

[mwatts@rebecca mwatts]$ xdpyinfo
name of display: :0.0
version number: 11.0
vendor string: Mandrake Linux (XFree86 4.2.1, patch level 3mdk)
vendor release number: 40201000
XFree86 version: 4.2.1

glibc-2.2.5-16mdk

NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4349.run (uses custom compiled kernel interface for
2.4.21)

[root@rebecca linux-2.4.21-0.12mdk]# grep AGP .config
CONFIG_AGP=m
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_AGP_I810=y
CONFIG_AGP_VIA=y
CONFIG_AGP_AMD=y
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD_8151 is not set
CONFIG_AGP_SIS=y
CONFIG_AGP_ALI=y
CONFIG_AGP_SWORKS=y

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.034 / U:0.276 seconds]