    SubjectRe: Processor sets (pset) for linux kernel 2.5/2.6?
    On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 12:20:35PM +0100, Shaheed R. Haque wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Looking through the archive etc., I cannot see any references to pset
    > functionality more recently than
    > announcing an updated patch in April 1999. Are there any plans out there to
    > include this, or similar functionality in 2.5/2.6? I'm particularly interested
    > in getting exclusive access to a CPU (plus or minus HT support, for now anyway).

    Shaheed, I think that task->cpu_allowed covers your need, since it
    describes a mask of cpu�'s allowed to run the task. CPU migration, for
    example, is implemented in current scheduler by saving the
    current cpu_allowed, forcing it to contain only the destination CPU and
    then restoring it.

    I think it's carried over by fork(), but have been unable to find
    it on the sources.

    HT is accounted as a NUMA SMP system with strong memory affinity
    for his 2 cores, so that when running 2 HT processors (2+2 cores),
    the tasks are kept preferably on the same HT processor and just bounce
    cores, since they share the same cache (don't know exactly L1, L2 or
    both, tough).

    Greets, Antonio.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:1.228 seconds]