    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 0.1 release
    Date
    > > A much better solution could be had by select()ing on a filehandle
    > > indicating when a new hotswap event is ready to be processed. No races,
    > > no security issues, no performance issues.
    >
    > I must say that I've always felt this to be a better approach than the
    > /sbin/hotplug callout.

    I've always liked this approach, too - if you look at acpid, it is designed
    to be gereically useful for this model of kernel->userland notification.

    With minor mods, it could become 'eventd' and handle ACPI, hotplug, netlink,
    and any other style kernel->user notice.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.019 / U:1.904 seconds]