Subject2.4.21-pre5-ac2: kernel oops with "swapoff -a"
Hi Alan,

When I do "swapoff -a" I still see the kernel oops that began with -pre4-ac7
and has propagated to every 'ac' kernel since then.

It's a "null-pointer dereference" oops which does not crash the system --
I still don't understand how that is possible.

Am I really the only person having this problem? The oops is 100% reproducible
so it's hard to believe no one else is seeing it. It happens on all three of
the machines I try it on, so it doesn't seem to be hardware-specific.

Plain 2.4.21-pre5 does NOT show this problem, so it seems to be a patch that
was specifically introduced in -pre4-ac7 and I don't know enough to narrow
it any further than that. I'm not an accomplished kernel debugger so I
can't offer much more info than that, but I'd like to help if you can give
me some hints what kind of information you might need to find the problem.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.039 / U:1.576 seconds]